Timber Ridge & Clover Ridge Schools’ Vision
Embrace a “Growth Mindset”; Ensure High Levels of Learning for All; Provide High Quality Instruction; Expect Regular Staff Learning & Collaboration
Note: Realizing our vision is a work in progress. We are constantly working toward implementation of what you see below.
The Ridges K-8 will embrace a “Growth Mindset” [Dweck, C., 2006] while preparing students for the future. With a focus on wellness and stewardship we will ensure that every member of the learning community feels as though they belong and are respected. We will do this by inspiring a love of learning with compassion and committing to community inclusion.
Our vision is comprised of two big ideas:
- We will provide high quality instruction to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
- We will operate as a team.
Provide high quality instruction to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
The Ridges K-8 recognizes the power of the team to make a difference in student learning and growth. We will implement engaging, intentional, meaningful, and consistent standards-based instruction that will:
- Embrace multi-age and subject integration
- Cultivate critical thinkers
- Be developed from a “data, reflection, research” loop process
- Utilize a K-8 scope and sequence
- Communicate explicit objectives
- Celebrate all forms of success and acknowledge an inclusive and diverse educational environment
- Integrate a myriad of ways to show growth and success
- Use meaningful technology to enhance student learning
- Use a signature project culminating student learning at the 4th, 6th, and 8th grades
- Demonstrate an individualized approach to each whole student
Instruction may also:
- Use an integrated, thematic, or project based approach
- Constructed by incorporating student interest and input
- Incorporate real world learning, service learning, and/or experiential learning
We will operate as a team.
The Ridges K-8 Staff (Administrative, Certified, and Classified) will operate as a team. Our team will be based on:
- Healthy conflict
- Collaboration- Shared leadership and control
- Information based accountability
Our actions will demonstrate transparency. Team members will share an understanding of the relevancy of each member and the contributions they make to the organization.